Rotary Transition Program
Use your previous experience as a military aviator to earn your ratings at reduced minimums. Take advantage of local grants, scholarships and GI Bill® funding as you gain the experience needed to breeze into a civilian career with an Airline, Cargo or Corporate company. Our flight instructors are professional, courteous and knowledgeable and many have military backgrounds just like you. We have the largest and newest fleet in Middle Tennessee; which means you don’t have to worry about aircraft or schedule availability. Our RTP students are able to build valuable PIC time by utilizing our aircraft to take trips around the country. We’ve trained dozens of RTP students who have made a successful transition to the civilian world, be it flying for an airline or some other career path. Come get your fixed wing add-ons with the best flight school in TN!
This timeline is based off of previous students who have come before you. Your timeline may vary based on your availability to train and how quickly you can progress through each stage of training. If you stop training for any reason, fail a checkride etc, the total length of the program will increase.
- Private – 7 days
- Instrument – 7 days
- Commercial Single – 14 days
- Commercial Multi – 7 days
- Aviation Headset
- Aviation Sectional Charts or Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) (i.e…iPAD,Tablet)
- Navigational Plotter
- Visualized Flight Maneuvers handbook (for High/Low wing airplanes)
- iPAD / Tablet
- E6B Calculator
Information on the Bachelor of Science in Aviation is available at Liberty.edu.
The following courses are offered within the Bachelor of Science in Aviation program;
- Private Pilot Certificate – AVIA220 & 225 – Can be completed as a Free Elective or prior to enrollment
- Instrument Rating – AVIA320*
- Commercial Pilot Certificate – AVIA325, 326 & 327*
- Commercial Single Engine Add-On Rating – AVIA331*
- Flight Instructor Certification – AVIA420*
- Flight Instructor Instrument Certification – AVIA422 (1 Credit)* or AVIA423 (3 Credits)*
- Multi Engine Instructor Certification – AVIA441 (1 Credit)* or AVIA443 (3 Credits)*
* Courses noted with the asterisk (*) above are the only courses authorized by the Department of Veterans Affairs (“VA”) for application of GI Bill® and/or VA funding by Web Enabled Approved Management System (“WEAMS”) institutions.
Military and Veterans Benefits
Liberty University is proud to serve the men and women of the U.S. military and offers the following benefits:
- College Credit for Military Training
- GI Bill®/Veterans Affairs Benefits
- Military Scholarships
- Tuition Assistance For more information, visit www.Liberty.edu/MilitaryAffairs.
- YELLOW RIBBON PROGRAM: Liberty University is a partner in the Yellow Ribbon program, which allows eligible students to continue their studies once their annual GI Bill® funding has been exceeded
Contact/ Follow Up Form
Victor Soler – Military helicopter pilot who achieved Private – Commercial Multi Engine in 66 days!