Overview of the Program
Advance your training at WOE by using your previous military experience to pursue your dream of becoming a Commercial Pilot. Whether you were enlisted or not in an aviation Military Occupational Speciality (MOS) this is the path for you. If your career goals are to fly for a Major Airline such as American, Delta or United, or to fly for a Fortune 500 company, we have the quickest and most affordable pathway. WOE Aviation will provide career mentoring while capitalizing Local Grants, Scholarships and using the eligible Post 9/11 GI Bill® with little to NO COST out of pocket. The large size of our fleet and over 25 instructors ensures that you will be able to fly when you need to and not have to worry about aircraft or instructor availability. Let us assist in your transition to the civilian life, obtaining the required hours needed for your next career. Start focusing on flying and your next career potential while gaining professional flight instruction. We call it the Zero to Hero Program.
- Can take you from Private Pilot – Commercial Multi Engine in 6 months or less
- Housing available upon request
- Time building at a reduced cost
- Experience flying within complex airspaces
Minimum Program Requirements
We have listed the minimum requirements for each rating under the part 141 program. The length of the program depends on how often you fly and how quickly you can progress through each stage of your training.
- Private – 35 hours total time
- Instrument – 35 hours dual instruction
- Commercial Single – 120 hours total time
- Commercial Multi – 15 hours dual training with a CFI
- Aviation Headset
- Aviation Sectional Charts or Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) (i.e…iPAD,Tablet)
- Navigational Plotter
- Visualized Flight Maneuvers handbook (for High/Low wing airplanes)
- iPAD / Tablet
- E6B Calculator
We sell ground school kits that include a flight bag, logbook, E6B and a year free subscription to Garmin Pilot.
- Pilot Finance
Application for funding is done through Pilot Finance. Please visit the link above to apply for funding.
- Liberty University Flight Training Affiliate Program
Because we are a Liberty University Flight Training Affiliate, soldiers may utilize their GI Bill® to obtain their fixed-wing ratings while also obtaining a Bachelor’s Degree in about 2.5 years. You can take this path whether you are already a pilot or not!
- ARMY COOL Program
Utilize the Army Credentialing Assistance Program to get up to $4,000 per fiscal year to use towards flight training. Officers incur a two year addition to their original service commitment length.
- Army Career Skills Program
- Campbell Strong Program
- GI Bill®We are able to accept the GI Bill®. You will need your letter of eligibility from the VA to get started. Please call (615) 355-0033 for more information on how to use your GI Bill® with us.
Contact/ Follow Up Form